WHY CONSIGN WITH KOSTÜM?
We hand select only the most desirable items for our store. Our Kostüm Krew members know quality and have built a loyal following of “Kostümers” who shop frequently, looking for new treasures to be readily available. Consigning with us allows you to join a close-knit group of fashion-conscious, eco-friendly insiders, who can identify what is authentic, high-quality, and in the best condition.
If you have looked in your closet and found amazing treasures you no longer desire, then consigning at Kostüm is the way to turn those goodies into extra cash!!! Kostüm is the destination for Contemporary, Designer and Vintage consignment, in the East Bay Area. Some of the labels we carry include the following: Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Sandro, Prada, Judith Leiber, Michael Kors, Vera Wang, Oscar De La Renta and Kate Spade… just to name a few.
HOW IT WORKS…
2. Choose a consignment time and type of appointment that works best for you from our options below.
- Walk ins: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 11:30-1pm. Please come by during these times, and one of our Kostüm Krew members will look through your items and decide what we will accept. You will take what we do not accept at the end of your walk in. All walk-ins are 1st come 1st served. ***We reserve the right to not consign on any given day, due to inventory levels. Please call prior to walking in so that you’re not inconvenienced!***
- Drop-off Appointments: Monday-Thursday 5-6pm. You MUST call ahead at least one day to make a Drop-off appointment.
- Sat 11:30, 12:30, 3:30 and Sun 12:30, 1:30 and 3:30– BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call the store at 510-654-1718 to set up an appointment ahead of time. You will be the only person consigning during these appointments.
3. Please read our Consignment Wishlist to see if we are accepting the type of items you want to consign.
4. Gather and review your items!
- Kostüm accepts women’s current styles no more than 2-3 years old, on trend, and some select vintage items seasonally.
- Clothing must be clean, pressed, and odor, wrinkle & stain free, on hangers which will be returned to you at the time of consignment. View our Condition Definitions here.
- Shoes, handbags, accessories and jewelry are also accepted.
- Minimum of 5 items and a maximum of 20 items per person per day.
- Exceptions: 1 piece can be accepted if it is a high-end designer item; clothing, shoes or handbags only.
5. Following intake at your consignment appointment, your items will be inventoried within 48 hours. We will send you an email listing the items consigned by brand, price, and expiration date. We will also accept shipment of your items.
Call and speak with one of our Kostüm Krew members to schedule a pick-up, and we’ll do the rest. Pick-ups are made within Oakland areas including Piedmont, Lake Merritt, Montclair, Rockridge and Trestle Glen. (High-end, Designer items ONLY; minimum of 10 pieces.) View our Brands List here.
CONSIGNORS WILL RECEIVE 50% OF THE SELLING PRICE ON CURRENT, HIGH-END, DESIGNER ITEMS (SEE OUR BRANDS LIST), 40% FOR NEW ITEMS (WITH ORIGINAL SALES TAGS) AND 35 % FOR USED ITEMS.
We will not be able to accept all items, as our selections are based on our requirements, client needs, and current inventory. Review our requirements carefully, as this will give you the best chance of having your items accepted.